It seems like i am only a lucky lottery girl who just
selected as a volunteer without any interviewed. In a very first time i was
interested with this program (volunteer of In Country Program). Knowing who i
am, who just a begginer and hope being selected from hundred registrars, in a
little hopeless that they are 30% of fifth semester and less from third
semester maybe Nadia, Chika, Lulu, Linda, Robert, and i just 3% of them. Being
experienced is the qualification, then the problem as a humble begginers, do we
qualified already?.
My lecturer, his name is Mr. Miftah
was the one who interviewed me, we gethered in the room, he wanted us (Nadia,
Chika, and I) come inside. In a little strange feeling and my heart said that
“is he going to interview three of us at once?” he said that he have known us
for 6 months so it is going to waste his time if he is going to interview us.
He knows our behaviour already, he also knows how we live in social community
by making friends. Suddenly we left that room with confused and doubt funny
faces.
Decision that i have choosen was
hard, while i am living for a year in Islamic Dormitory and rarely go home.
Maybe twice for 4 months. Actually i want to go home in this holiday and
spending my free time with my little brother and i don’t know the reason why i
was so happy to take the vlounteer’s formulir in administration room at that
time. After i fullfill the formulir my mother called me and told me that now
Alfan (my little brother) can walk and talk she explained clearly until i just
want to go home directly after that call. I watched my formulir which had
fullfilled already. My both hands awkward between gave it to adminisrator or to cancel my registration.
The decision was giving that formulir to administratior, and didn’t realize
enough. Moreover i selected as a volunteer, between happy and sad. Now what i have
to do is only to life with the decision that i have choosen. Do my best and
lift up my life’s quality.
Day first, i waited someone in the
list that was going to be my partner Ms. Emma Hayes. I didn’t know who was she
and waited for her arrival in UIN. I hope i could be the best partner for her
and by her side when she needs some helps. I hope she could live comfortably
here. After i accompanied them in their room i wanted to meet my partner
because i can’t wait any longer to meet her. I looked her name in guess’s list.
She is in room 41, so i knocked the door and looked for Ms. Emma. So i asked “
boleh saya bertemu dengan Ms. Emma?” and someone who has blue hair shouted “
that’s meeee!!” i was surprized and told her that i was her partner. In the
morning i accompanied her in faculty and walked around UIN for a while. Someone
told me in the first evaluation, she said that her name was’t Emma Hayes.
Moreover my Emma Hayes in the room of 43. The word that i said was only
“WHAT?”. I need to meet her tomorrow morning.
Fortunately i met Ms. Emma Hayes.
She looks very kind, fuuny, and always fun. I introduced my name and to know
each other. I was so happy at that time because this Emma is like my sister. In
have felt that in a very first time we meet (heart connection haha) i like the
way she laugh so i try to tell some jokes when we meet and try to help her
indonesian (but she has good indonesian already). Day 5 and more because Ms.
Emma have known some way to reach wherever. I became useless :-D. I spent my
time in my room for watcing movie, game, eat, sleep, online and so on. It was
borring and i didn’t enjoy that anymore. So then i want to rebuilt our
realition because i am here for her J. I try to send her message and i told her that i miss
her and nice to have conversation with her again. I often visit her dormitory
just to watch tv and hope she came, asked me some question or to check her
essay. It works!!!
By her side doesn’t mean that i only
waiting for her help message. But come there. Maybe she thinks that i have my
own privacy so it is annoyed being interupt whereas i am not at all (again i am
here for her). We are closer she is like my sister my own family here. She
makes me feel better and makes my day full of enegy and useful. It is great to
help in each because if i need to be a better person i have to teach other
people to be better than me. I use to love Ms. Lauren, Mr. Steave and others
also. They are my family and friends here, my day is complete and i am happy.
The following day students from
Deakin came and i have introduced my self from some of them. We went to pasar
minggu together. They are pretty funny, energetic, and full of curious J i like them all. One of them Loz, is very kind she slept
for one night in my messy room J and i am happy she had been there. Another are Jassie
and others they are also very friendly. Before i met them i thought in negative
thinking that they are must be arrogant, dispassionate students, but i am
tottaly wrong. They are so open and so enjoyable. I feel comfortable with them
also. I want to give my best for them, it is great to make a friend with them
all.
Trees becomes wet of rain i walk through the wet street
and fresh red flowers surrounds me. I am happy here, i realized that i don’t
want to go home, i am here for them who needs my help and give my hand. By
their side when they are sad or feel uncomfortable. I am here for you guys,
Mbak. Emma your days might be hard because you have to prapare essay and
presentation every week but don’t worry, i know you. Your essay and your theme
is always awesome.
I am sorry if i had made some
mistakes or being annoyed, those are only failed efforts to make you happy. And
make you guys happy here. It is great to have different friends from different
culture, habit, and tradition. We still can understand in each other, and
believe in our self that it is happy to make you happy.
This humble messages is belongs to
these people who accept me to be their friend with full of limit. I learn a lot
from you all. i don’t need to go home. Because it is home already. THANK YOU J.
If
you found any mistakes in grammar or words spelling,
Please
forgive me,
I
am going to be happy if you leave comments, or corrections.
Putriyana Asmarani
No comments:
Post a Comment